Pad ThaiMake on Drop
Chicken and Prawn Pad Thai can just as easily be plain old Chicken Pad Thai, or Seafood Pad Thai or indeed vegetarian Pad Thai (don't over look firm tofu as an option). Whatever Pad Thai you fancy though, you have to have the fermented sort of pickled sour sauce to make it work for you. SO I went to work, and yes, I am happy with the Pad Thai Sauce. If you use a jar of sauce it will work the same, but NOT. Who knows what is in that jar...so make it from scratch on the day you plan to make the Pad Thai of choice and then keep going without washing the Thermomix bowl. Best way to infuse even more flavour into the dish. Make it and leave me comments!!)
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1 Batch Pad Thai Sauce Recipe
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as often as needed BUY
- 180 Grams dry rice noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1-2 Red Chillie(s) chopped finely including seeds or chilli paste
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander leaves and stalks
- 2 Cups bean sprouts
- 1 Batch Carrot and Daikon Pickle (you can buy this already done at Asian supermarkets) Recipe
- 2 Chicken breasts, diced
- 200 Grams prawn cutlets (peeled but tails on)
- 100 Grams salted peanuts, re-roasted until fragrant
- 1 Handful spring onions, sliced on the angle
- Lime wedges
Make sure you have prepared the Pad Thai Sauce in advance.
Place garlic, onion and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Meanwhile soak noodles as package directs. Drain.
Toss all the fresh ingredients in a large bowl and heat oil in a large flat frying pan or wok.
Beat the eggs and stir through the drained noodles, keeping them hot if possible in an insulated serving bowl.
Heat some oil in the frying pan and cook the chicken and prawns to taste, with as much of the Pad Thai Sauce as desired to keep the mixture soft and stir-able.
Add a little lime juice as needed.
Toss noodles, salad, cooked proteins together and garnish with sliced chillies, coriander leaves, crushed roasted peanuts, sliced spring onions and of course the obligatory lime wedge on the side. Also drizzle with additional Pad Thai Sauce, be generous. It is what makes this dish!