Looking over the last few entries on here I realise what a sweet tooth I am, but hey...I can do the other stuff, so check this out! There were no complaints when this showed up at lunch time on Friday. I re-served it completely cold on Saturday without the oohhs and ahhs, so I suggest you serve it the day of preparation. This can look rather stunning on a buffet table. Choose a beautiful platter and then play like a food stylist until you are happy! It not only tastes divine, but looks so beautiful with the green of the dressing, pink of the prawns, red salmon, and yellow lemon wedges...so perfect! Oh the poetry of it all!
Spicy Seafood Salad
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 500 g Tasmanian salmon fillet, cubed
- 300 g prawns, tails intact
- 300 g white fish fillet of choice, cubed
- 1.5 Litre boiling water
- 100 g scallops, roe on
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 100 g fresh baby spinach or salad greens of choice
- A few herb sprigs reserved from dressing ingredients for garnish
- Lemon or lime wedges to serve
- 50 g Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
- 1 green chilli, halved
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 75 g fish sauce
- 2 oranges, zest and juice
- 2 lemons, zest and juice
- 4 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- Se salt and raw sugar to taste
Place all seafood except scallops into Varoma dish and set aside.
Add water to Thermomix bowl and set Varoma into position. Cook 15 min/Varoma/speed 3. Stir scallops gently through cooked seafood and set aside. The residual heat of the seafood will cook the scallops perfectly.
Place all ingredients into Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 6 until just combined. (Don’t over mix or you will get an emulsion rather than a dressing.)
Arrange red onion and salad leaves on large platter. Top with warm seafood, dressing and garnish with herbs.