Slow Cooked Pork Chilli
My very first project that I did on my own after leaving Thermomix in Australia, was a little book titled Dinner Spinner. The pics were terrible, but I don’t mind admitting the recipes have stood the test of time. We will be reshooting this little cookbook and reformatting, so watch this space. We may do a digital version as well...for all you book-phobes out there!! In the meantime...this also appears on Spin A Dinner the most delicious app for Thermomix users available on both Apple and Android...and the ipad app has voice control! No touching your screen, mid cook...just tell it to move to the next page and it does...YAY. (We loved that bit too!!)
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200 Grams onions, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 2-3 dried chillies soaked in boiling water, drained
- 1 Teaspoon each ground cumin, coriander, turmeric, sweet paprika, cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) EVOO BUY
- 1 Kilo pork scotch fillet, cubed
- 400 Grams tomato puree
- 70 Grams tomato paste
- 35 Grams Umami Paste Recipe
- Pink Salt Flakes pink salt flakes to taste BUY
- 2 Tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 400 Grams Red Kidney Beans tin kidney beans, drained
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Fresh coriander, oregano, mint to taste
- Diced fresh tomatoes, Kalamata olives and lime wedges
- Steamed rice
Place onions, garlic, drained chillies, all ground spices and EVOO into Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Saute 5 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 1.
Add meat, tomato puree, pastes, salt and sugar.
Cook 40 min/90ºC/Reverse/speed 2.
Add beans, vinegar and herbs and heat 5 min/90ºC/Reverse/speed 2.
Serve with tomatoes, olives, lime wedges and steamed rice.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join our free trial today and start cooking!