This recipe is not a thermomix recipe...sorry. It could be done in your Thermo of choice, but the volume would be difficult. In fact shredding or ‘pulling’ the pork would be very easy in Thermo...so for those of you who insist. Place chunks of the cooked pork into your Thermo and shred 3 sec/Reverse/speed 4. There it is, that easy! Having said that, you could probably just pull it apart with a fork that easily as well, seriously delicious and simple. And bountiful enough to feed a mega crowd! Save this one for your next afternoon group feeding fest. Enjoy.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1 head garlic broken into cloves
- 2 red onion sliced
- 1 red chilli cut into pieces
- 1-2 Kilos pork fillet, skinless
- 4-6 Tablespoons dark brown sugar, or muscavdo sugar
- 4 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 4 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 x 400 Gram Crushed Tomatoes tinned
- 1 bottle 333 brand BBQ Rib sauce (this is a no subs ingredient!)
- Handfuls fresh coriander or cilantro leaves
- 2 Batches Perfect Burger Buns to serve Recipe
- 1 Batch Brussels Sprouts Coleslaw to serve Recipe
- Oven Fries to serve Recipe
Place garlic, onions and chili into a cast iron casserole dish with lid. Drizzle with a little bit of oil.
Place pork on top, and sprinkle with sugar. Add fish sauce, tomato paste, vinegar and tomatoes and cover. Bake in 150°C oven for 4 hours. Pork will be very tender.
Stir occasionally through out cooking time to combine all ingredients.
Add BBQ sauce and ‘pull’ the pork with a fork to stir sauce through. It will shred easily if cooked long enough. Tear a few coriander leaves and stir through.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. (Salt and cracked pepper.)
Serve on buns, with coleslaw on the side.
Alternatively, if you have a slow cooker, you can use it, follow the recipe as written and cook on a high setting.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load