Spanish Paprika ChickenMake on Drop
I could call this a one bowl wonder...almost. But it does use a searing hot grill pan...if you wanted to. It is do-able without, but I did like the little grill marks. Somehow grill marks lend an air of authenticity to a dish that would otherwise look, well, frumpy. Serve with steamed rice, crusty bread and heaps and heaps of freshly chopped parsley. (OH, and go and buy the real deal paprika, you won’t regret it, and you won’t go back to Master Foods paprika, ever, ever, ever again.) Enjoy.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 50 Grams Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil BUY
- 3 brown onions, halved
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 600-700 Grams tomatoes, halved
- 400 Grams eggplant, roughly chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 2 Tablespoons Chicken Stock Powder Recipe
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed BUY
- 4-6 Chicken thighs, cut into large pieces
- 2-3 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- Handfuls fresh Italian parsley, roughly chopped
Place EVOO, onions and garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 min/120℃/speed 2.
Add tomaoes, eggplant, salt and chicken stock powder and cook 10 min/100℃/speed 2.
Meanwhile, heat a grill pan to very hot and drizzle with a little EVOO. Sear the chicken thigh pieces and cook until you have a few grill marks on them. Turn off the heat and cover and allow the chicken to rest a little.
Add a generous amount of the smoked paprika to the Thermomix bowl and blend the sauce 1 min/speed 8.
Add chicken pieces to the sauce and cook 4 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve over steamed rice with lots of additional paprika sprinkled over and chopped fresh Italian parsley by the handful!