OK, whose bright idea is this one? Well, maybe mine I guess. If you are trying to stay away from burgers (though if you make the Bacon Beef Burgers found in Tenina's America cookbook, why would you?) then here are all the flavours with none of the gluten.
It will also feed a small army or a large family, which can be handy on a cold night or a night when you just cannot be bothered with a big deal.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 1 carrot, roughly chopped
- 2 2 small sticks celery, roughly chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Teaspoons Yellow Mustard Recipe
- 1 x 400 Gram Diced Tomatoes tinned
- 400 Grams liquid stock/broth
- 1 medium potato, peeled, 1 cm dice
- 200 Grams bacon, diced
- 200 Grams sour cream
- 500 Grams beef mince/ ground beef
- Sliced pickles
- Grated cheddar cheese
- 1 Batch Tempura Battered Onion Rings Recipe
Place olive oil, garlic, onion, carrot, celery, salt and pepper into the Thermomix bowl and chop 2 seconds/speed 6.
Saute 6 minutes/Varoma/ speed 1.
Add mustard, tomatoes, liquid stock and potato and cook 20 minutes/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Add the sour cream to the Thermomix bowl and stir through using a silicone spatula until well combined with soup.
Meanwhile, heat a nonstick frying pan and cook half the bacon until crisp. Set aside for garnish.
Add the remaining bacon and beef mince to the frying pan and cook over a medium–high heat until browned and fragrant.
Add the cooked beef and bacon mixture and stir through.
Serve in large bowls, topped with grated cheese, Tempura- battered onion rings and sliced pickles.