Beef Pepper Steak Braise
This great family casserole is no beauty queen but we love her anyway! It can feed a small army, which is always handy, and is a good one to pop into the oven before heading off to work. You will come home to a fragrant and amazing meal; cue the steamed rice, mash or Cheesy Grits and everyone is satisfied! You could also cook this in a slow cooker, just transfer all into the slow cooker, rather than a casserole dish and cook for up to 6 hours on low.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 3 Capsicum/Pepper red (approximately 400 grams), deseeded and quartered
- 200 Grams mushrooms
- 200 Grams liquid beef stock or broth
- 30 Grams Tamari or soy sauce
- Plenty of freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Cornflour or Cornstarch
- 1.5 Kilo rump steak with fat, sliced into 1 centimetre strips
- Fresh herbs to garnish (we used thyme)
Preheat oven to 180ºC.
Place onions and garlic into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add olive oil and saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1. Remove and set aside.
Add capsicums and mushrooms to the Thermomix bowl and chop 4–5 sec/speed 4 (or until chopped evenly).
Add stock, tamari, pepper, cornflour and cooked onion and mix 10 sec/Reverse/speed 2.
Place steak strips into a casserole dish (or slow cooker) and pour over capsicum mix. Stir well.
Cover casserole dish with a lid or foil (if the casserole dish is large, place baking paper down over the top of the meat to keep in moisture).
Bake 1½ hours or until meat is tender. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Serve with steamed rice, mash or Cheesy Grits.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!