Thermomix Beef Stroganoff. Super Simple. Made from scratch, packed with flavour and hearty goodness. Cue the mash, (be it potato, cauliflower or bechamel) and you are cooking without gas, the family is happy, so is mum and all is well with the world.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 1 brown onion, peeled and halved
- 30 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 40 Grams Butter BUY
- 500-600 Grams good beef fillet
- Good splash brandy
- 50 Grams liquid beef stock
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 Teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 1 Tablespoon Ancient Roman Mustard or whole grain mustard if you are fresh out! Recipe
- 500 Grams portabello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 2-3 dill pickles, diced
Place the onion into the Thermomix bowl with butter and EVOO and chop 2 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Meanwhile, dice the beef into quite large pieces and dust in a little bit of flour. Set aside.
Add the brandy and cook 2 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add beef, seasoning, stock, worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, mustard to the Thermomix bowl.
Cook 8 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed soft or until tender. If you use a cheap cut you will need much longer. We recommend a Scotch fillet for this recipe.
Add the sliced mushrooms and push them down underneath the hot liquid. Cook further 2 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed soft.
When ready to serve, add the sour cream and diced pickles and stir through to combine. Serve over the mash (or puree).
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load