When it comes to comfort foods, it is often the stuff that we try to avoid that we love to eat the most, but I have to say, this cauliflower mash/puree, whatever you like to call it is pretty darned good and can certainly replace the traditional mash in my mind. Seriously easy. Steam, blend, (don't forget the butter) and you are in keto heaven. YUMMERS.
What will you serve your Cauliflower Mash with?
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- Whole or half cauliflower cut into florets. (No more than a full Varoma basket!)
- 500 Grams water for steaming
- 55 Grams unsalted butter plus some more for serving BUY
- 2-3 Pinches pink salt flakes BUY
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped herbs of choice to garnish (optional)
Prepare cauliflower and place into the Varoma dish.
Put water into the Thermomix bowl and set Varoma into position.
Steam 30 min/Varoma/speed 4.
Drain bowl and tip the cauliflower into Thermomix bowl with butter and seasoning and mash 30 sec/speed 8.
Serve hot with more butter on top and chopped herbs if desired.