Beef VindalooMake on Fresco
This is a Beef Vindaloo...but knock yourself out and go with pork, chicken or even lamb. It is pretty spicy, and you could go harder kids, I was a little laid back with the heat in this one. The curry powder is all made in one seamless recipe from start to finish, thus the long list of ingredients...so don't be put off. It is super easy! Super tasty and so versatile, the kids could do it!
The other note I would give you is not to go with a different cut of beef or it will be tough. You can of course use something else, but test it after cooking time by cutting it with a fork. If it needs longer, then go for it. Curry on...nothing to see here!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground fenugreek
- 1/2 Teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon Yellow Mustard Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 Teaspoon ground sweet paprika
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 150 Grams brown onion, cut into pieces
- 20 Grams fresh ginger peeled
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 red chilli
- 500 Grams tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 20 Grams red wine vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons pink salt flakes BUY
- 1 Kilo topside steak, cut into large pieces. If a cheaper cut is used, cooking time will increase.
- Steamed rice to serve
- 1 Handful fresh coriander or cilantro leaves
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 Punnet cherry tomatoes, diced
- pot set yoghurt or Greek yoghurt to taste Recipe
Place all dry spices into a dry frying pan and toast over a medium high heat until just smoking. Tip into Thermomix bowl.
Add EVOO, onion, ginger, garlic and chillies to Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add tomatoes, vinegar, salt and beef and cook 10 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed soft.
Serve with fresh coriander, sliced chillies and chopped cucumber and tomato. A little dollop of plain yoghurt is nice with this too…and the obligatory steamed rice or quinoa.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!