Burmese Beef and Potato Curry
A delicious curry can go a long way to making you feel very comforted during winter! This one has all the right elements, a little heat, the fragrant spices, colour, taste, sweetness, and those accompaniments! All make for the perfect night in. Curry on!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 40 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 3 Red Chillie(s) plus more for garnish
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 2 Teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 500 Grams rump steak, cut into large 7-10 cm cubes
- 100 Grams Tomato Paste
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 200 Grams liquid beef stock
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Black Pepper to taste
- 100 Grams spinach leaves
- 200 Grams frozen peas
- 2 spring onions, sliced thinly. Plus more for garnish
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 Batch garlic and spring onion naan
- steamed rice
- plain yoghurt
- Fresh Coriander leaves
- 1 spring onion, sliced thinly
- 1 Red Chillie(s) thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fried shallots
- 1 Teaspoon black sesame seeds
Place onion, garlic, ginger, chilli and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 4 sec/speed 5. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add cumin, coriander, and chilli flakes. Saute 1 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add beef, tomato paste, stock, salt and pepper. Cook 30 min/100/Reverse/speed soft. Add potatoes and cook 20 min/100/Reverse/speed soft.
Add spinach, peas, spring onion and coriander. Cook 5 min/100/Reverse/speed soft.
Serve with naan, steamed rice, yoghurt, coriander, spring onion, chilli, dried shallots and black sesame seeds.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!