Oh Mama Mia...if you love your spag bog, then this is just the recipe for you. From the kitchen of our lovely Team Tenina member Gina, you will find this just the ticket for the family spaghetti night. It is really delicious, and completely easy and satisfying. Cue the pasta...and the garlic bread, and the garlicky roast potatoes, and the opera....dinner is served. Buon Appetito.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1 onion, quartered
- 200 Gram zucchini, cut into chunks
- 100 Gram carrot, cut into chunks
- 2-6 cloves garlic
- Parsley or basil to taste
- 20 Gram Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) EVOO BUY
- 100 Gram red or white wine
- 2 Tablespoon veggie stock concentrate
- 1 Tin (425gms) chopped tomatoes
- 200 Gram tomato puree
- 1 Tablespoon dried mixed herbs
- 500 Gram quality beef mince
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Additional finely chopped Italian parsley to garnish
Place first 5 ingredients into Thermomix bowl and chop 6 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add next 5 ingredients and cook 6 min/100ºC/speed 1.
While sauce is cooking, place half the mince in the Varoma base, and the other half in the Varoma tray. Break mince up with your fingers so that it is in big chunks.
Once the sauce has cooked for the 6 minutes, place Varoma with the mince into position and cook 10 min/ Varoma/speed 1.
Remove Varoma and with your spatula, break up cooked mince into smaller pieces if so desired.
Add mince to Thermomix bowl and using the spatula, push it down into the sauce.
Cook 10 min/100ºC/Reverse/speed soft to bring all the flavours together.
Season to taste and serve with extra finely chopped Italian parsley and a smattering of parmesan...