Pasta CarbonaraMake on Drop
It was bound to happen. In fact, I am amazed it didn’t happen sooner. Upon announcing that I was making pasta carbonara tonight for dinner, my (16yr old) son was pretty excited…why I wonder did I not do this recipe before?? Its a puzzle, but thanks to Julianne Block for asking the question…and magically, here it is! (Now Julieann, go sing my accolades far and wide!!)
YUMMY, and so easy, it just may become a staple…perhaps we might add it to the Dinner Spinner app…did you buy one yet? If not why not?
Get with the program kids. I mean, really...
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 50 Grams parmesan, cubed
- 1 large brown onion, quartered (approx 200g)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 300 Grams speck or bacon, cubed
- 200 Grams swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 820 Grams liquid chicken stock OR equivalent water and stock paste of choice
- 2 Tablespoons Umami Paste Recipe
- 300 - 400 Grams long or short pasta of choice (100g per serving is an average!)
- 200 Grams cream
- Pink Salt Flakes (depends on your saltiness of your speck) BUY
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- A few italian parsley leaves and or basil leaves to garnish
Place Parmesan into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place onion and garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add speck and mushrooms. Saute 10 min/Varoma/Reverse + speed 2.
Add liquid, Umami paste, and pasta and cook for time stated on pasta packet 100ºC/Reverse + speed 1.
Add cream, seasoning and herbs. Serve immediately with grated parmesan over.