Pasta CarbonaraMake on Drop
One of the classics, this Italian widely known recipe is also widely misunderstood. There is no cream in proper carbonara, but do we care? No we do not. We have a more authentic carbonara coming to the Insider Club soon thanks to Sophie Budd, but again, hers is not authentic as we used farfalle pasta. SO really, pasta is so amazing regardless of what it is called, whether we are ticking all the cultural boxes or not and you know....just enjoy. It is delicious.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 300 - 400 Grams Easy Homemade Pasta long or short pasta of choice (100g per serving is an average!) Recipe
- 50 Grams Parmesan cubed
- 1 large brown onion, quartered (approx 200g)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 300 Grams speck or bacon, cubed
- 200 Grams Swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 300 Grams liquid chicken stock OR equivalent water and stock paste of choice
- 2 Tablespoons Umami Paste Recipe
- 200 Grams cream
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste (depends on your saltiness of your speck) BUY
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- A few italian parsley leaves and or basil leaves to garnish
Cook pasta as package directs to just al dente. Keep hot. If making your own pasta it will literally need about a 5 minute cook, so get the sauce ready first.
Place Parmesan into Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place onion and garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add speck and mushrooms. Saute 10 min/Varoma/Reverse/speed 2.
Add stock, Umami paste, and cooked pasta. Cook 4 min/100°C/Reverse/speed soft.
Add cream, seasoning and herbs. Serve immediately with grated parmesan over.