It was bound to happen. In fact, I am amazed it didn’t happen sooner. Upon announcing that I was making pasta carbonara tonight for dinner, my (16yr old) son was pretty excited…why I wonder did I not do this recipe before?? Its a puzzle, but thanks to Julianne Block for asking the question…and magically, here it is! (Now Julieann, go sing my accolades far and wide!!)
YUMMY, and so easy, it just may become a staple…perhaps we might add it to the Dinner Spinner app…did you buy one yet? If not why not?
Get with the program kids. I mean, really...
- 50 g parmesan, cubed
- 1 large brown onion, quartered (approx 200g)
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 300 g speck or bacon, cubed
- 200 g swiss brown mushrooms, sliced
- 820 g liquid chicken stock OR equivalent water and stock paste of choice
- 2 tbsp Umami Paste Recipe
- 300 - 400 g long or short pasta of choice (100g per serving is an average!)
- 200 g cream
- Pink Salt Flakes (depends on your saltiness of your speck) BUY
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- A few italian parsley leaves and or basil leaves to garnish
Place Parmesan into TM bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 8. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place onion and garlic into TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 4.
Scrape down sides of bowl and add speck and mushrooms. Saute 10 min/Varoma/Reverse + speed 2.
Add liquid, Umami paste, and pasta and cook for time stated on pasta packet 100ºC/Reverse + speed 1.
Add cream, seasoning and herbs. Serve immediately with grated parmesan over.