Another great recipe here from Gina of The Passionate Pantry. Make sure you go find her on social media. She has a wealth of Thermomix knowledge and does run her own boutique classes.
This is the perfect solution to a hungry mob mid week. It can be on the table faster than the time it takes to get them in/out of the bath. Thanks Geens. Another goodie.
- 60-80 g baby spinach, washed
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1 medium red capsicum (pepper), deseeded and quartered
- 200 g zucchini, roughly chopped into chunks
- 30 g Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) EVOO BUY
- 400-450 g mini Roma tomatoes, halved (or large ripe Roma cut into chunks)
- 300 g cream
- 300 g filtered water
- 2 tbsp Umami Paste (or use a Veggie Stock Paste if vegetarian) Umami Paste
- 300 g short pasta of choice (penne works well)
- 100 g salami, finely sliced (or see list below for other options)
Place spinach into bottom of Thermoserver and put on lid.
Place onion, garlic and parsley into TM bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Add capsicum and zucchini and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Check consistency and if you prefer it finer chop 1 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add tomatoes, cream, water and stock paste and cook 10 min/100ºC/speed 1.
Add pasta and protein of choice and cook time according to package directions/100ºC/Reverse/speed soft.
Pour pasta into Thermoserver and stir spinach through. Replace lid and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Adaptions I have used and work are:
- GLUTEN FREE: use GF pasta … there are so many available these days.
- DAIRY FREE: replace cream with coconut milk or cream … I use Ayam brand and that works beautifully.
- VEGGIE: replace salami with 1 can of drained chicks peas, along with 1 tsp each of ground cumin/coriander/paprika and add at the same time as the pasta.
- MEAT OPTIONS: replace salami with finely sliced bacon, raw chicken (thinly sliced thighs work best … use up to 200gms), ham, or chorizo.
This dish can be prepared in advance and placed into a baking dish, topped with white sauce, sprinkled with sourdough breadcrumbs or parmesan … then baked for 25 to 30 minutes at 180ºC until nicely golden on top. Make a day ahead and cook the following night … take out of fridge 30 minutes before baking.