Another great recipe here from Gina of The Passionate Pantry. Make sure you go find her on social media. She has a wealth of Thermomix knowledge and does run her own boutique classes.
This is the perfect solution to a hungry mob mid week. It can be on the table faster than the time it takes to get them in/out of the bath. Thanks Geens. Another goodie.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 60-80 Gram baby spinach, washed
- 1/2 brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 6 sprigs flat leaf parsley
- 1 medium red capsicum (pepper), deseeded and quartered
- 200 Gram zucchini, roughly chopped into chunks
- 30 Gram Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) EVOO BUY
- 400-450 Gram mini Roma tomatoes, halved (or large ripe Roma cut into chunks)
- 300 Gram cream
- 300 Gram filtered water
- 2 Tablespoon Umami Paste (or use a Veggie Stock Paste if vegetarian) Umami Paste
- 300 Gram short pasta of choice (penne works well)
- 100 Gram salami, finely sliced (or see list below for other options)
Place spinach into bottom of Thermoserver and put on lid.
Place onion, garlic and parsley into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 7.
Add capsicum and zucchini and chop 2 sec/speed 5. Check consistency and if you prefer it finer chop 1 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
Add oil and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add tomatoes, cream, water and stock paste and cook 10 min/100ºC/speed 1.
Add pasta and protein of choice and cook time according to package directions/100ºC/Reverse/speed soft.
Pour pasta into Thermoserver and stir spinach through. Replace lid and rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Adaptions I have used and work are:
- GLUTEN FREE: use GF pasta … there are so many available these days.
- DAIRY FREE: replace cream with coconut milk or cream … I use Ayam brand and that works beautifully.
- VEGGIE: replace salami with 1 can of drained chicks peas, along with 1 tsp each of ground cumin/coriander/paprika and add at the same time as the pasta.
- MEAT OPTIONS: replace salami with finely sliced bacon, raw chicken (thinly sliced thighs work best … use up to 200gms), ham, or chorizo.
This dish can be prepared in advance and placed into a baking dish, topped with white sauce, sprinkled with sourdough breadcrumbs or parmesan … then baked for 25 to 30 minutes at 180ºC until nicely golden on top. Make a day ahead and cook the following night … take out of fridge 30 minutes before baking.