Curries in India at least are usually named for their place of origin, so I couldn't help myself, this is a Landsdale Curry Powder...it is semi-authentic, leaning towards a Madras, but is not hot enough for that. I invented it for a shortbread recipe, but we use it elsewhere as well. Very mild, add heat as desired when making your curry of choice. It will keep well in an airtight container, better in the fridge than the pantry. Curry in a hurry...sorted.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 2 Teaspoons Coriander Seed(s)
- 2 Teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 1 Cinnamon Stick(s) broken into pieces
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 Teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon whole cloves
- 2 Teaspoons ground cardamon
- 2 Teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 Teaspoon turmeric
- Pinches ground chillies (optional)
Place all ingredients into a dry frypan and toast over a high heat until the spices just start smoking. Remove from heat immediately and allow to cool.
Place into Thermomix bowl and mill 40 sec/speed 10.
Store in air tight container until use.
This recipe can easily be doubled.