I am in Guernsey with my son and his little family...I had to search for quinoa, but I found it! And I couldn't go past the beautiful raspberries to garnish, or the Guernsey thick cream...I could eat that with a spoon, and may have, though I am not admitting anything. Having just come from London, I also topped it with the beautiful honey gifted to me by the lovely Amanda Cadge...it is divine!
SO,,,If you are struggling to find a filling breakfast in winter, then this is your answer. It may keep you going till dinner time, but definitely until lunchtime at the very least. A little prep the night before, and you can be eating this as you power around in the morning. You may never go back to oats again!
Apple and blueberry compote add a healthy kick of fruit and antioxidants, or, when serving try adding:
• Pure maple syrup or honey to taste
• Toasted almonds or other nuts
• A little sprinkle of Crio Brü granules
• Crème fraiche or Greek yoghurt (or Guernsey thick cream)
• Fresh fruit of choice
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 150 Gram quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 200 Gram water
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla - Bean Paste BUY
- 3 Drop Cinnamon Bark Oil or 1 tsp ground cinnamon BUY
- Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 120 Gram milk of choice (nut, soy. rice, dairy)
- Apple and Blueberry Compote to serve
Apple and Blueberry Compote
- 3 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored
- A little water (20g)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla - Bean Paste BUY
- 30 Gram sugar
- 100 Gram blueberries
- 2-3 Drop Cinnamon Bark Oil BUY
Soak quinoa over night in enough water to cover. When ready to cook, drain and rinse well.
Place quinoa, 200g water, vanilla and salt into Thermomix bowl and cook 10 min/90°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Add cinnamon bark oil and milk and cook a further 10 min/90°C/Reverse/ speed 1
Allow to rest in Thermomix bowl for around 10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed (go shower, make your lunches, go for a run).
Top with desired sweetener, fruit or toppings of choice.
Apple and Blueberry Compote:
Place apples into Thermomix bowl and chop 2 sec/speed 4.
Add water, vanilla and sugar and cook 14 min/90°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Add blueberries and cinnamon bark oil and cook 2 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Serve hot or cold.