Speculoos (Biscoff) Spread
I was in NYC when I first tried Speculoos spread at a little waffle food truck in the middle of Central Park. As you do. I have since become an aficionado...and here is my version. You don't have to make the Speculoos cookies yourself...but you could. (If you are truly sticking to the make from scratch mantra!) This spread is fantastic on anything throughout the festive season. Bring a little bit of Europe to your ice cream sundaes, to your morning toast or waffle or make any smoothie a bit Christmassy with a dollop of the spread included. It is also a pretty speculoos gift...just saying.
My son has become obsessed with Biscoff cookie spread recently, this is just like it except with the Christmas spiced twist. YUM. Enjoy meine lieben.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 40 Grams Coconut Sugar or dark brown sugar
- 3 Drops doTERRA Oils tangerine BUY
- 2 Drops doTERRA black pepper oil BUY
- 3 Drops Cinnamon Bark Oil BUY
- 5 Drops doTERRA Wild Orange Oil BUY
- 3 Drops doTERRA cardamom oil
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 200 Grams Almonds toasted BUY
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 70 Grams Spiced or Speculoos biscuits
- 85 Grams Butter cubed BUY
Place sugar, oils (or replace with equivalent ground spices) and vanilla into the Thermomix bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8 stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
Add remaining ingredients and blend 3 min/speed 8 stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. Place into sterilised jar and keep refrigerated until use.
Use as a topping for brioche toast, waffles or in recipes in place of peanut butter for a fragrant Christmassy flavour.
Add more or less almond oil to make the consistency more spreadable. It does soften at room temperature.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!