Thermomix Orange and Pistachio Kulfi
It is that time of year. We are into the hot months and I do love a good ice-cream or three. I have to say that although I have a LOT of ice cream recipes, (and I do love them all) this is extremely simple, very refreshing and also quite pretty. Pretty enough to serve up to your guests any time. I suggest using dariole moulds for easy removal.
I hope you love them....don't forget to take pics and put them up on social media...hashtagged of course. #cookingwithtenina
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1/2 Teaspoon saffron threads, soaked in boiling water
- 80 Grams shelled pistachios
- 600 Milliliters pure cream
- 10 Drops doTERRA Wild Orange Oil doTERRA wild orange oil BUY
- 5 Drops doTERRA cardamom oil
- 400 Grams tin condensed milk
- 200 Grams evaporated milk
- 1 Teaspoon Almond Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste vanilla bean paste BUY
- Long threads of orange zest for garnish
Soak the saffron for a few minutes in just 2 tbsp of boiling water.
Place pistachios into Thermomix bowl and mill 2 sec/speed 6. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Add cream and essential oils to Thermomix bowl and whip 20-40 sec/Butterfly/speed 4 until soft peaks form.
Add milks, almond extract, vanilla and saffron and mix 4 sec/Butterfly/speed 4. Remove Butterfly, scrape down sides of bowl and add chopped pistachios, reserving a few for garnish. Stir nuts through using a silicone spatula.
Pour into moulds or container and freeze until ready to serve.
Serve un-moulded on a plate.
Garnish with chopped pistachios and orange threads.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!