Quinoa is the new health food of the nation…if you are not up with that, get jiggy, get down, get with it and get quinoa-ed! Probably not your typical dessert, and would actually make a great breakfast…but whatever way you go, delicious….and oh, OK, I’m going to actually say it: Good for you! Really…And I’m not just saying that...
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 150 Gram white quinoa
- Water for soaking
- 150 Gram Coconut - Sugar Coconut palm or rapadura sugar
- 400 Gram coconut cream
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla - Bean Paste Heilala vanilla bean paste BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Pink Salt Flakes salt flakes BUY
- 100 Gram shredded coconut
- Mango, pineapple, passionfruit for serving
Soak quinoa overnight or for minimum 6 hours in enough water to cover. Drain and rinse.
Place soaked quinoa into Thermomix bowl with all ingredients except coconut and fruit.
Cook 20 min/100°C/speed soft.
Add coconut and stir through 5 sec/speed 2.
Cool slightly before serving with diced fruit of choice.
This dessert will thicken as it cools.