Indian cuisine is well known for its colours and flavours, and this beetroot chutney does not disappoint. Like the green chutney, it’s also oil free, so you can enjoy it with little guilt. My version uses tinned beetroot, for convenience, but of course you can use fresh beetroot that you have boiled or roasted yourself.
Use this jewel-toned chutney as a dip with some roasted sweet potato fries or raw veggies, or as a filling in rolls and wraps. I love the spicy, sweet, gingery flavour. It's delicious! Enjoy!
-- Recipe courtesy of Shaheen Hughes
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200-220 Grams tinned whole baby beets (drained weight), rinsed - but save an inch or so of the liquid in a separate bowl
- 35 Grams Desiccated Coconut
- 5 Red Chillie(s) 2-3 of them deseeded (depending on your preferred heat level)
- 1 Tablespoon sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- juice of half a lemon
Place all the ingredients into the Thermomix and blend 1 min/speed 10.
Open the lid and scrape down the sides; then repeat the process 3-4 times until the chutney is smooth.
If the chutney is too thick, loosen with a splash or two of the liquid you have reserved from the tinned beetroot.
Serve with just about anything. This is sooo delish! (Tenina note!)