Indian cuisine is well known for its colours and flavours, and this beetroot chutney does not disappoint. Like the green chutney, it’s also oil free, so you can enjoy it with little guilt. My version uses tinned beetroot, for convenience, but of course you can use fresh beetroot that you have boiled or roasted yourself.
Use this jewel-toned chutney as a dip with some roasted sweet potato fries or raw veggies, or as a filling in rolls and wraps. I love the spicy, sweet, gingery flavour. It's delicious! Enjoy!
-- Recipe courtesy of Shaheen Hughes
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 200-220 g tinned whole baby beets (drained weight), rinsed - but save an inch or so of the liquid in a separate bowl
- 1/2 Cup dessicated coconut
- 5 red chillies, 2-3 of them deseeded (depending on your preferred heat level)
- 1 tbsp sized piece of fresh ginger
- 1 tsp Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 tsp sugar
Put all the ingredients in the TM and slowly turn up to speed 10/30 sec.
Open the lid and scrape down the sides; then repeat the process 3-4 times until the chutney is smooth.
If the chutney is too thick, loosen with a splash or two of the liquid you have reserved from the tinned beetroot.
Serve with just about anything. This is sooo delish! (Tenina note!)