When a smoothie actually becomes breakfast, this is what it looks like. A smoothie bowl. Apparently I have been missing out on these for a while. YUM. I am not big on breakfast, contrary to ‘What’s for Breakfast?’ the book may lead you to believe. I do love a good breakfast, but not usually till around lunch time. I am a Crio Bru for brekky girl from way back.
And I don’t do texture in drinks, so smoothies have me stumped a little bit, unless they are silky and non textured. I convinced myself this was nice-cream, and you know what? It is! Completely delicious, and I found myself scraping out the Thermomix bowl with more care than usual so I could get every last scerrick!
The best bit is, I got my greens all in...and it’s just past 11am.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1 banana, frozen in chunks
- 200 Gram raspberries, or other red berries of choice, frozen
- 200 Gram Greek yoghurt or non dairy milk of choice
- 60 Gram coconut butter
- Handful baby spinach leaves, (don’t be mean, go for it)
- 3 Tablespoon Acai Berry Blend BUY
- 50 Gram chia seed
- Garnishes; pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, more Acai powder, shredded coconut and berries of choice
Place all ingredients except garnishes into Thermomix bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8 stopping to scrape down sides of bowl and lid as necessary. Divide between bowls and garnish with whatever takes your fancy.