When a smoothie actually becomes breakfast, this is what it looks like. A smoothie bowl. Apparently I have been missing out on these for a while. YUM. I am not big on breakfast, contrary to ‘What’s for Breakfast?’ the book may lead you to believe. I do love a good breakfast, but not usually till around lunch time. I am a Crio Bru for brekky girl from way back.
And I don’t do texture in drinks, so smoothies have me stumped a little bit, unless they are silky and non textured. I convinced myself this was nice-cream, and you know what? It is! Completely delicious, and I found myself scraping out the Thermomix bowl with more care than usual so I could get every last scerrick!
The best bit is, I got my greens all in...and it’s just past 11am.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 banana, frozen in chunks
- 200 Grams raspberries, or other red berries of choice, frozen
- 200 Grams Greek yoghurt or non dairy milk of choice
- 60 Grams Coconut Butter Recipe
- Handfuls baby spinach leaves, (don’t be mean, go for it)
- 3 Tablespoons Acai Berry Blend BUY
- 50 Grams chia seed
- Garnishes; pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, more Acai powder, shredded coconut and berries of choice
Place all ingredients except garnishes into Thermomix bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 8 stopping to scrape down sides of bowl and lid as necessary. Divide between bowls and garnish with whatever takes your fancy.