Back in the day we used to have Saturday Burgers….and dad was the cook of these burgers…the kids are almost gone, and Saturday night of all nights is the quiet night at ours…but this won't tax you too much if you want a weekend break, but without sacrificing great flavour and great food…Move over Macca's…'Teens' is coming through! (or something like that…)
We especially loved using the Charcoal Slider Buns, they are super soft, just like a brioche bun. Very Grill'd!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 250 Grams Asiago cheese, cubed
- 180 Grams Shelled Walnut walnuts, toasted
- 2 Teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1-2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Umami Paste Recipe
- 1 Kilo beef mince
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Rocket leaves to taste
- 1 large tomato, sliced
- 100 Grams Easy thermomix mayonnaise Recipe
- 6 Slices AirFryer Bacon Recipe
- 6 slices cheese of choice (we suggest a soft cheese like Havarti or Swiss)
- 6 Charcoal Slider Burger Buns or other hamburger buns of choice Recipe
- 1 Teaspoon seeded mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Honey BUY
- 4 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Pink Salt Flakes taste BUY
- 100 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
Make the dressing first by placing all dressing ingredients except EVOO into Thermomix bowl and mixing 10 sec/speed 6. Add oil and stir through for 4 sec/speed 6. Drizzle over rocket leaves and set aside.
Make the burger patties, without cleaning the Thermomix bowl. Place cheese into Thermomix bowl and grate for 2 sec/speed 6. Set aside.
Place walnuts, peppercorns and salt into Thermomix bowl and mill for 6 sec/speed 7.
Add umami paste, beef mince, sauce and grated cheese to Thermomix bowl and combine for 10 sec/Reverse + speed 7 with the aid of the spatula.
Form into 6-8 equal burger patties, place onto baking paper and refrigerate until ready to cook.
Assemble burgers; Char grill buns and patties to taste. Cook bacon. Spread mayonnaise on bottom half of bun, add cooked burger patty, top with slice of tomato, dressed rocket leaves and a slice each of bacon and cheese. Drizzle with additional dressing or mayonnaise if desired.