Chicken Noodle Salad with Spicy Peanut Dressing
We do love fruit in our salads around here! This is another chicken dinner winner! Super easy to whip up, lovely and fresh and to be honest, most of it can be premade in advance and then just tossed together when you have a sec! I LOVE the dressing. I am not a big peanut fan (satay for example, is not my favourite unless we made it) but this dressing is so good. I actually didn't have any rice wine vinegar, but I think that is the flavour profile that would work best. I just used some apple cider vinegar I had. Think outside the recipe lovelies. No avocado? Leave it out, feel like shredded beef instead? Or no protein at all? Go for it.
Welcome summer. (Hello mango season!) Welcome lighter, easier eating.
Try some of our other famous mango recipes!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control will get your pantry and fridge in order this February! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 70 Grams Peanut Butter Recipe
- 60 Grams Tamari or soy sauce
- 40 Grams rice wine vinegar or other good white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Sesame oil
- 3 Drops doTERRA Oils ginger (or finely grated fresh ginger) BUY
- 2 Teaspoons Chilli Jam (You could use Sriracha or other chilli sauce but our jam is the best!) Recipe
- 1 Limes juice only
- 2 Teaspoons raw sugar
- Pink Salt Flakes and black pepper to taste BUY
- Some boiling water if needed
- 1 Batch Steamed and shredded chicken or other cooked chicken, a BBQ chook would be great for this too Recipe
- 375 Grams package rice noodles
- OR 1 Batches Fresh Rice Noodles Recipe
- 250 Grams snow peas, blanched (see note)
- 2 Avocado peeled and diced
- 1-2 ripe mangoes, peeled and sliced into long thin pieces
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander (Add cleaned roots to the dressing mixture)
- 1-2 small Cucumber continental, sliced thinly
- salad greens of choice
- 1 Red Chillie(s) sliced to garnish
Place all dressing ingredients except boiling water into the Thermomix bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 10. Check the consistency, if you need to thin it out a little, add the boiling water and blend again. Remove from bowl and set aside. If you are going to prepare the shredded chicken, do so now without washing the Thermomix bowl.
Prepare the rice stick noodles according to package directions and cool them in running cold water. Dress them with 1/2 of the salad dressing and set aside.
To blanche the snow peas, bring a large pot of water to the boil and drop in the snow peas for about 30 seconds. Remove them when bright green and place them straight into iced water. Pat dry and slice lengthwise into thin strips.
Arrange all salad ingredients on a large platter, leaving the mango, avocado and snow peas until last. Finish off with sliced chillis and serve remaining dressing on the side (It isn't very pretty!)
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load