This is so easy and yet so fragrant and pleasing. We served it with steamed rice and loads of coriander, and I think adding pumpkin, cauliflower, potato, eggplant or any other veg of your choice would work really well.
Delish. Mild. Family. Simple!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) + 20g BUY
- 6 Chicken Thighs bone in, skin on
- 1 Red Onion peeled and quartered
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 20 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- 1 Tin Diced Tomatoes tomato puree
- 1 Tin Coconut Milk
- Pink Salt Flakes and pepper to taste BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- steamed rice
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander leaves
- limes to serve
Preheat oven to 180°C. Heat a large, heavy based oven proof dish over medium heat.
Heat 20g EVOO and brown chicken thighs on both sides.
Place onion, garlic, ginger and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 6. Saute 5 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC on.
Add cumin, cinnamon and chilli flakes and saute 1 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add tinned tomatoes, coconut milk, salt, pepper and sugar and combine 6 sec/speed 4. Pour over the chicken and stir to combine. Make sure skin side of chicken is up and out of the sauce to get the nice crispy skin.
Bake uncovered for 2 hours.
Serve with rice, coriander and lime cheeks.