Oh yes, we are in full BBQ swing in this part of the world, particularly with Christmas pool parties upon us. I know if you are reading this in some distant snowy clime, you will just marvel at the idea of us all splashing around in serious heat, while we whip up a storm on our BBQ’s of choice but really....bookmark this recipe for a summer’s day, (and then play Jingle Bells while you turn the kebabs) to channel your inner Aussie!
These are a very tasty morsel indeed and paired with a salad or three, you will be the toast of the BBQ scene in no time. (Plus you can prep ahead, and be enjoying the occasion as much as everyone else!) Happy Summertime.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 4 Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 5cm square pieces
- 4 Tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 Teaspoons dried chili flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Teaspoon each cumin and coriander seeds
- 3 cm piece fresh ginger
- 3 Teaspoons Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 clove
- a little freshly grated nutmeg to taste
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 lemon, zest only, finely grated
Charred Corn Salsa
- 2 cobs fresh corn
- 1 red capsicum, diced
- 1-2 Lebanese cucumbers, sliced
- 2-3 spring onions (green onions) sliced on the angle
- 1 Handful grape tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 Tin Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1 Handful Fresh Coriander and oregano leaves each
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil as needed BUY
- 1 orange, zest and juice as needed
Prepare chicken and place into a large mixing bowl.
Place all remaining ingredients into Thermomix bowl and 10 sec/speed 10.
Tip onto the chicken and stir until all surfaces are covered with the spice rub.
Allow to marinate for at least 2 hours before placing on skewers.
Grill or BBQ on a high heat until well charred and cooked through.
Serve hot with Charred Corn Salsa.
TO make the Charred Corn Salsa, simply char grill the corn cobs directly on your BBQ, turning until well blackened and the corn kernals are softened. Cool before slicing corn from the cob horizontally.
Toss corn with all remaining ingredients in a serving bowl and get ready to receive the compliments!