More filling than oats, more protein than steak, and more delicious than toast. Work on adding any fresh or frozen fruit of choice, a variety of nuts or seeds, Crio Bru granules straight from the pack, or even a Fruit Compote.
In the meantime, try this on for size through the cooler months. I think you'll enjoy it.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 75 Grams quinoa, rinsed
- 75 Grams brown rice, rinsed
- 300 Grams water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 120 Grams milk of choice (nut, soy, rice, dairy)
- Ground cinnamon, pure maple syrup or honey, pistachios and chopped dried apricots to serve
- Pot set yoghurt to serve Recipe
Place quinoa and rice into enough water to cover and soak over night.
Drain. Place quinoa, rice, water, vanilla and salt into Thermomix bowl and cook 20 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Add milk and cook a further 8 min/90°C/Reverse/speed 1. (It may bubble up, so stay close.)
Allow to rest in Thermomix bowl for around 10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
Drizzle with pure maple syrup or honey, serve with pistachios and apricots and a dollop of yoghurt or crème fraiche. Add fresh fruit of choice...You will be full all day....not kidding!