Tandoori ChickenMake on Drop
Tandoori, one of my all time faves, especially if it is well charred. There is just something about a tandoor oven that could almost convert me to get one, but unfortunately they require a lot of effort, so I am having to stick to my normal oven on a very high temperature just now! (SIgh) It is good to know you can make the paste in your blender though isn't it??
Easy, tasty, chicken weeknight dinner sorted. Get the potatoes on or the Naan bread. YUM.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! We are the leading online portal for all Thermomix recipes.
- 1 Tablespoon Cumin Seed(s)
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seed(s)
- 1 Teaspoon black peppercorns
- 3 Tablespoons Smoked Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Turmeric
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 red chillies, deseeded
- 100 Grams Brown Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 15 Grams Fresh Ginger peeled
- 30 Grams lime juice, fresh
- 70 Grams tomato paste
- 80 Grams Pot set yoghurt or Greek yoghurt Recipe
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- 4 - 6 Pieces Chicken maryland (thigh and leg attached, skin on, on the bone)
Place cumin, coriander, peppercorns, paprika, cayenne & turmeric into a dry frying pan and toast until just smoking.
Cool slightly before placing into the Thermomix bowl and milling 1 min/speed 10.
Add all remaining ingredients except chicken and blend 10 sec/speed 4. Scrape down and repeat.
Place chicken into large baking dish & slash the skin in large diagonal strips. Rub tandoori mixture into skin & cover chicken for several hours to marinate.
Heat grill to minimum 220°C (or hotter if available). Grill chicken for around 20-30 minutes until well cooked.
With steamed rice, Naan bread or oven fries & a garden salad.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load