Turmeric Chai Roasted Chicken with Herbs
THIS IS NEXT LEVEL YUMMY. Who knew you could marinade a chook in chai and it would taste like this?
We recently had the pleasure of creating some recipe content for Prana Chai, one of our favourite insider club partners....(stay tuned for when we partner with them again!) This recipe is simply amazing.
I know you will love it. Come join our free trial to find out just how much!
Here are a few more of our favourite turmeric centric recipes to try out.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1-2 whole chickens, bone in, skin on, cut into pieces
- 50 Grams Prana Chai mix Turmeric BUY
- 150 Grams pot set yoghurt or Greek Yoghurt Recipe
- 150 Grams fresh lemon juice
- pink salt flakes as needed BUY
- black pepper freshly ground as needed
- 1 Teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 x 400g Tins chick peas drained
- 1 Tablespoon Prana Chai mix Turmeric BUY
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 Tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 red onion sliced thinly
- 100 Grams lemon juice
- generous Handfuls fresh coriander or cilantro
- generous Handfuls fresh mint
- lemon wedges to serve
- pot set yoghurt to serve Recipe
Place chicken pieces into a large bowl.
Place Chai into the Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10. Add remaining marinade ingredients. Combine 10 sec/speed 6.
Pour marinade over the chicken and toss all of the chicken pieces through it to coat evenly. Cover the chicken and place into the fridge for at least 30 minutes, preferably longer.
When you are ready to roast, preheat the oven to 220°C on a non fan-forced setting.
In a bowl, combine all chickpea ingredients. Stir to combine.
Using a large baking dish, place the chicken pieces into the centre of the tray, in a single layer. (You may need two pans if you are cooking for a crowd.) and chickpeas around the edge.
Bake for at least 45-50 minutes until the chicken is evenly golden and fragrant. Toss the chickpeas occasionally, they will start to crisp up.
Pickle the onion by placing into a small bowl with the lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
Once the chicken is well roasted, serve hot with the onions and juice spread over the entire dish. Garnish with loads of herbs and lemon wedges. You could serve with additional yoghurt as well.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!