White Chicken Chilli
This recipe originally appeared in the Tenina's America cookbook, which is still available HERE. You need to get onto that book, it is full of deliciousness such as this one! And it has never been cheaper to purchase and comes with an e-version for free!
This chilli is not so much white in colour, rather it uses chicken in the place of beef and white beans instead of black or kidney beans. Whatever colour yours ends up (depending largely on herbs used) it is a crowd pleaser. Plus, you can make it go a lot further by increasing the volume of everything you serve with it.
We love our chilli with Fried Tortilla Strips, loads of shredded cabbage, avocado slices, cheese, herbs, tomatoes...grilled corn would also be amazing. Let your imagination run wild and whip up a salad to serve on top. The perfect meal.
The Chicken Chilli
- 100 Grams cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ Teaspoons Cumin Seed(s)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Red Onion peeled and halved
- 20 Grams chipotle in adobo sauce (tinned)
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 400 Grams liquid chicken stock
- 2 x 400g Tins cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Kilo chicken thigh fillets, cubed
- Handfuls Fresh Coriander
- Handfuls fresh oregano leaves
- A few sliced spring onions
- Sliced avocado to taste
- 1/4 wombok (Napa) cabbage, shredded
- Diced red or green capsicum
- Lime wedges
- Whipped Lemon Feta or sour cream
- 1 Batch Fried Tortilla Strips corn chips or Oyster Crackers Recipe
Place cheddar, smoked paprika and cumin seeds into the Thermomix bowl and mill 8 seconds/speed 8.
Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place garlic, onion, chipotle and sauce, and oil into the Thermomix bowl and chop 3 seconds/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and saute 5 minutes/ Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add chicken stock and one tin of beans. Cook 10 minutes/100°C/Reverse/ speed 1.
Add second tin of beans and the chicken and cook 5 minutes/100°C/Reverse/speed 1. Allow to sit in the Thermomix bowl for around 5 minutes to ensure the chicken is cooked.
Serve in large bowls with all accompaniments on the side for self service.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!