Cambodian Beef Curry
We love this wintery comfort food treat. Start it off early and enjoy the fragrance all day of this amazingly full of flavour curry in no hurry. Part of our Currying Flavour cookbook, it has become a family favourite very quickly! So think about the naan, the relishes, the rice and the curry night is happening at yours this weekend!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 4 Star anise
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seed(s)
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 Tablespoon garam masala
- 2 Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 20 Grams Fresh Ginger
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 lemongrass stalk, white part only
- 1 Red Chillie(s)
- 1 Bunch Fresh Coriander Reserve some leaves for garnish.
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 30 Grams Fish Sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 2 Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Tin Coconut Cream Recipe
- 20 Grams fried shallots
- 1 Kilo chuck steak, cubed
- steamed rice, to serve
Preheat slow cooker on high.
Place star anise, black pepper, coriander, curry powder and garam masala into the Thermomix bowl and mill 10 sec/speed 10. Add onion, ginger, garlic, lemongrass, chilli, coriander and EVOO and chop 5 sec/speed 6. Cook 6 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add fish sauce, sugar, salt, coconut cream, coriander leaves and fried shallots and combine 6 sec/speed 5.
Place beef in the slow cooker and pour over sauce. Stir to combine. Cook for 4 hours or until meat is tender.
Serve with rice and garnish with coriander leaves.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!