To call this a recipe is a bit of a stretch…it is one of those mere suggestions, and dare I say it? You could do this without the use of your Thermomix. It was one of those hot days we have been suffering through here in Perth and to throw something tasty into the oven meant I didn’t have to think too hard about it…and whats more…I needed another Dinner for our Dinner Spinner iphone app (the ‘app’tly renamed, Spin-A-Dinner) If you haven’t got one…go get one, and then you will have the most amazing Thermomix app ever! (And the Sydney Morning Herald is never wrong about those things!)
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1 - 2 chicken thighs per serving, skinless
- 1 - 2 small red capsicum, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 - 2 small fennel bulbs, sliced thinly
- 2 red onions, cut in wedges
- 1 red skinned potato per serving, quartered
- Sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground smoked paprika
- 60 g Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil EVOO BUY
- 40 g lemon juice
- 1 Handful blanched almonds
- Chopped fresh parsley and Greek yoghurt to serve
Place chicken into large casserole dish. Add vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
Place garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and add fennel seeds, cumin and paprika. Saute 10 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add EVOO and lemon juice to Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 5.
Pour over chicken and vegetables and allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes, covered in the fridge.
Preheat oven to 220ºC. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes until everything is cooked and fragrant. Add almonds and cook a further 10 minutes until almonds are golden.
Serve with freshly snipped parsley and a dollop of Greek Yoghurt if desired.