This 'recipe' first appeared long long ago on our app. Did you know we were the first Thermomix recipe app out there?? (You may have still been a child. But yes. We were.) Alas it is no more. It was a big hit, even made the top ten list of foodie apps in Australia along with Nigella. Need I say more? The Sydney Morning Herald is never wrong about these things!
To call this a recipe is a bit of a stretch…it is one of those mere suggestions, and dare I say it? You could do this without the use of your Thermomix. We often eat this without the chicken, just as a veggie dish to accompany other food, roasted salmon for example.
Make sure you have plenty of time for the roasting, as the stickiness of the veggies is what makes this one so appealing. Enjoy!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control will get your pantry and fridge in order this February! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1 chicken thighs per serving, skinless
- 1 - 2 Capsicum/Pepper red, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 - 2 Fresh Fennel bulbs, sliced thinly
- 2 Red Onion cut in wedges
- 1 red skinned potato per serving, quartered
- Pink Salt Flakes and freshly cracked black pepper to taste BUY
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Tablespoon Fennel Seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 60 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 40 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 Handful Blanched Almonds Recipe
- 1 Handful Flat Leaf Parsley chopped to serve
- Pot set yoghurt or Greek yoghurt to serve Recipe
Place chicken into large casserole dish. Add all vegetables and season with salt and pepper.
Place garlic into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl and add fennel seeds, cumin and paprika. Saute 10 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add EVOO and lemon juice to Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/speed 5.
Pour over chicken and vegetables and allow to marinate for 10-15 minutes, covered in the fridge. (This step is optional if you are in a hurry!)
Preheat oven to 220ºC. Bake uncovered for 50-60 minutes until everything is cooked and fragrant. Add almonds and cook a further 10 minutes until almonds are golden.
Serve with freshly snipped parsley and a dollop of Greek Yoghurt if desired.