I am a bit taken with Creole cuisine. It is a heady fragrant mix of heat with sweet and spicy, citrus creaminess alongside rice and meats or seafood with smoke and crunch. All very addictive. It is such a vibrant clash of cultures that all ended up in the American south and created a nouveau cuisine that has become known as Creole. You will definitely be seeing more of it across my future work.
If you are not making your own Sweet Pickle Relish for this recipe, replace with some diced sweet pickles.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 3 Tablespoons Yellow Mustard Recipe
- 1 lime, juice only
- 20 Grams rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Fermented Ketchup Recipe
- 1 Teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 4 anchovies
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 4 spring onions
- 1 Pinch cayenne pepper to taste
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- 250 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 2 large eggs, hard boiled, chopped
- 4 Tablespoons Sweet Pickle Relish Recipe
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
Place mustard, lime juice, rice wine vinegar, ketchup, Tabasco, anchovies, garlic, spring onions, cayenne and salt into the Thermomix bowl and blend 20 seconds/ speed 8.
Scrape down lid and sides of bowl. Add oil and chopped eggs and blend 30 seconds/speed 8 to emulsify. This is not a mayonnaise consistency, but an emulsified sauce.
Stir through the Sweet Pickle Relish and celery and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!