This idea really originated from the thought that kids love something highly coloured on occasion and this will not disappoint. You can really only just taste the beetroot and it is actually quite refreshing and delicious. Try it on the kids…I’m thinking they will never know why they got so lucky with the hot pink!
Perfect for summer, Christmas, birthdays. Any occasion...add vodka for the grown ups...or even a slosh of gin. Perfect.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 100 Grams raw sugar
- 1 large beetroot, peeled and cut into pieces
- 200 - 300 Grams ice cubes
- 2-3 limes, halved with skin on
- 2 lemons with skin, ends removed and quartered
- 1 Litre Sparkling mineral water or to taste BUY
- Lemon or lime slices to garnish
Place sugar and beetroot into Thermomix bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 10.
Add ice and chopped fruit and crush 20 sec/speed 8.
Add half the mineral water. Stir through 5 sec/speed 5.
Strain through simmering basket and add more mineral water to dilute to taste. Serve with lemon or lime slices with plenty of ice.