The social media sensation that is a butter board is as yummy as it is easy as it is pretty. How many ideas did we come up with?? Literally 100's!
So the basis of this new thing is that you spread (delicious) butter directly onto a board or platter, then top with as many themed ingredients as you possibly can and then serve with bread and crackers. Your guests dig in and you have a clean board by the end of the night! It is super simple to do, pretty fun to think about all the possibilities and we have put this version together here for you to have a go. Watch the video and then start spreading the news....or the butter, as the case may be.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Pack Butter (I suggest salted and make sure it is a good quality butter) BUY
- Hey Pesto as needed Recipe
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- 2-3 Capsicum/Pepper small, red and yellow, diced
- 1 truss of cherry tomatoes
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 red shallot, diced
- a few black or kalamata olives
- 20 Grams pine nuts
- Balsamic Vinegar as needed, (I used a balsamic cream)
- 1 Handful Basil
- a few Fresh thyme sprigs
- Pink Salt Flakes and cracked black pepper as needed BUY
- Rye Bread toasted to serve Recipe
- Nutty Seeded Crackers to serve Recipe
Pretty simple really. Get it all out on the bench. Spread the softened butter directly onto a board of your choice that you are happy to use as a serving plate.
Roast the tomatoes, garlic and peppers with just a drizzle of EVOO until just toasty and blistering.
Start with dollops of pesto, top with the roasted veggies, the fresh shallot, onto the butter. Add all the other ingredients, be a kitchen Picasso and have fun.
Serve at room temperature with crackers and toasted bread of choice.