We have been working hard on a new project, Twenty Under Twenty, coming soon to the Insider Club for absolutely NOTHING. There are always left over recipes with new projects and this is one such recipe. Plan on spending less than $20 to feed your family of 4-6 with a really great meal! I mean...you're welcome!
We love all things Mexican in our household, so this is simply a collection of many of the already existing recipes on this site that come together in a stunning way to make this meal. Now go and explore some of our other amazing Mexican options on this site;
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 600 Grams white fish fillets (we used basa) halved lengthways
- 1/2 Cup plain flour BUY
- 1 eggs
- 150 Grams Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tablespoons Picante Spice mix Recipe
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for frying BUY
The Mexican Salad
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- small wedge of purple cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 spring onion, sliced thinly
- Handfuls fresh coriander or cilantro leaves
- 1 limes juice only
- pink salt flakes and pepper to taste BUY
- 1 Batch Spinach or Chilli Paprika Flour Tortillas Recipe
- 1 Batch Chipotle Mayonnaise Recipe
- 60 Grams grated cheese of choice
Premake your tortillas, the Chipotle mayo and the Picante Spice Mix before beginning the remainder of the recipe.
Set up 3 bowls with flour in one, egg in one and panko in one. Add the Picante spice mix to the panko. Stir to combine.
Dip each fish piece into flour, then egg, then crumb. Continue until all the fish is crumbed.
Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Add EVOO and fry fish in batches.
To make the salad, place all ingredients into a bowl. Stir to combine.
To assemble the fish tacos, spread chipotle mayonnaise on to each tortilla, place a piece of fish, top with the salad, add cheese. Repeat.