Ever since my new found love for Horchata, I have been playing with more flavours and ideas for dairy free yet milky drinks. This is a quickie, but a goodie. Dairy free, sugar free, nut free, soy free…and a great way to get some nutrient rich, immunity boosting, Brew Choc antioxidants into your kids. And if they happen to have an allergy? Or you simply want them on less sugar? Well...I think I have most bases covered.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200 Grams rice, soaked overnight in 700g water
- 500 Grams additional water
- 2 bananas, frozen in pieces
- 1-2 Handfuls pitted dates (more = more sweetness)
- 50 Grams Brew Choc granules plus a few for garnish BUY
- Pinches Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Bean Paste BUY
- 2 Drops Cinnamon Bark Oil (optional) BUY
Rice must be soaked for at least 12 hours. Drain rice.
Place rice and fresh water into Thermomix bowl and blend 2 min/speed 10. You could strain the rice milk out at this stage if you are not into any texture at all. Reserve a little white milk to finish the drinks if you wish.
Add remaining ingredients and blend 2 min/speed 10. Consistency should be smooth, without any grainy texture. Chill well or add ice before serving.
Serve over ice.