No Christmas is complete without a little pudding showing up? Am I right? These mini puds are very simple to make and quite delish if you are into that sort of thing. I know lots of people consider fruit cake or pudding a version of punishment, so watch out who you serve these to! Personally, I can do one per festive season and that is pretty much it...I did manage to get chocolate into these though, you may have noticed. (There is no excuse not to add chocolate at Christmas time.)
Anyway, go, make, steam, and take pretty pics so we can all drool vicariously. Don’t forget to hashtag #cookingwithtenina so I can find it and make a fuss. Join me on Instagram, and Facebook and we will stay in touch!! Merry Christmix!
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- Zest and juice 2 oranges, 2 lemons
- 300 Grams jar fruit mince (or 300g Fruity Pear Mince) Fruity Pear Mince
- 400 Grams mixed dried and candied fruit of choice (craisins, raisins, apricots, pineapple, figs, oranges, prunes)
- 200 Grams mixed whole nuts of choice
- 60 Grams brandy (optional)
- 75 Grams Unsalted Butter
- 60 Grams dark brown sugar
- 50 Grams treacle
- 3 eggs
- 100 Grams SR flour
- 1 Teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, cardamon
- 200 Grams Chocolate dark chocolate chips (or block dark chocolate broken into chunks) BUY
- Dariole moulds for steaming
- 1 Litre boiling water
Place zest into Thermomix bowl and chop finely 20 sec/speed 7.
Place juice, fruit mince, all fruit, nuts and brandy into Thermomix bowl and mix 2 min/70ºC/Reverse/speed 1. Set aside, cover and leave overnight, stirring occasionally.
Place butter, sugar and treacle into Thermomix bowl and beat 30 sec/speed 4 until light and fluffy, scraping down sides of bowl if necessary.
Add eggs, flour and spices and mix well 20 sec/speed 5.
Add brandied fruit and nuts and chocolate to Thermomix bowl and mix 20 sec/Reverse/speed 4.
Spoon into dariole moulds or ramekins and place in Varoma dish and tray.
Place water into Thermomix bowl and set Varoma into position. Steam 40-45 min/Varoma/speed 1-2.
Remove puddings from moulds and serve with cream, ice cream, custard or Brandy Cream Sauce.
This recipe makes approximately 18 little puddings so they may need to be steamed in more than one batch.
They freeze well and can be reheated in the Varoma for around 15 minutes/Varoma/speed 1-2.