Do you remember anyone ever tossing pancakes or crepes in a frying pan? Terrifying but exhilarating when you get it in one go. It's about risk management and having the guts to just go hard. If you are not using a cast iron pan, you shouldn't find it too challenging, though you may feel it's a little nerve wracking. But really, it's just flour and eggs (and whatever) and it will clean up easily. Give it a whirl! You got this!
My favourite childhood Crepe memory is having these on Pancake Tuesday for dinner. I am pretty sure my mum loved Pancake Tuesday more than we did. I mean, what a simple meal, almost zero prep and cook on demand. Cue the lemons, dinner is served!
(Don't forget these are also fantastic for breakfast, anytime, any day, no notice required!)
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 orange, zest finely grated
- 1 Lemon zest finely grated
- 2 eggs
- 250 Grams buttermilk or whole milk
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 120 Grams Bakers or Strong Flour BUY
- 5 Drops doTERRA Oils each lemon, lime and orange oils (optional) BUY
- Raw Caster Sugar to serve BUY
- Loads of Fresh Lemon Juice to serve
- Homemade jams to serve
Place all ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and blend 20 sec/speed 6.
Allow mixture to rest for 20 minutes.
Heat shallow crepe pan, butter the pan with a very small amount of butter and pour batter into hot pan. Never pour batter into unheated pan as it will stick.
Flip over and ccok for 30 seconds.
Serve with sugar, lemon juice and extra zest, and of course anything you wish really.