It is super quick, the perfect family mid week meal, and all you have to do really is cut up a few things, (pre-make your own Worcestershire) and bam...dinner is served.
Thanks Shelf Control...you did it again! (Well, you did, technically, but you know what I mean!)
If you enjoyed this recipe, we invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest course, (FREE to Insiders) Shelf Control helps you sort out your pantry and fridge!
We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online.
Our delicious frosty course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 1 Kilo beef fillet, sliced thinly
- 1 Tablespoon cornflour or cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce plus some more to serve Recipe
- 3 Tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- 2 brown onion peeled and sliced into half moon pieces
- 400 Grams mushrooms of choice, sliced or broken into pieces
- 300-400 Grams spaghettini pasta
- pink salt flakes to taste BUY
- herbs of choice to garnish, we used Vietnamese mint
Slice the beef into stir fry strips.
Place the cornflour, Worcestershire sauce, tamari and sugar into a bowl big enough to marinate the beef, and whisk together. Add the beef and make sure it is well coated. Cover and leave at room temperature for up to an hour, or refrigerate if marinating any longer.
Follow the cooking directions for the Spaghettini pasta for al dente pasta, but subtract 2-3minutes from what they suggest. We will be cooking this again in a frying pan so we want to under-cook the pasta. Drain and rinse off the starch immediately. Set aside.
Heat some EVOO in a wok till very hot and fry off the onions for around 5 minutes. Add the mushrooms until softened, adding the beef strips and all the marinating liquid at the end. Cook a further 5 minutes before adding the drained noodles.
Heat through the noodles stirring to coat them with the sauce. Taste and add salt if you wish. Serve immediately with fresh herbs of choice and extra Worcestershire sauce on the side...that stuff is amazing!
This recipe can be seen if you sign up for the related course. Join the course to get access!