Curried Lentils with Poached Eggs
Whether you are a breakfast person or not (I am not) there are occasions where a hearty breakfast is required! This is one of those, and would suit a lazy Sunday morning with friends. It is divine, could do double duty as lunch no worries and all you have to do is get a bit organised then let your Thermo cooker do the rest!
Of course poaching eggs is a bit of an art form, so make sure the skilled egg poacher in your household does that job.
A few tips for poaching are;
1. Use a dash of vinegar as well as a pinch of salt in the poaching water as this helps the white stick together a bit better.
2. Use plenty of water but don't go with a large pot, best a smaller circumference and deeper.
3. Only attempt a couple of eggs at a time and don't crack them into the pot directly, but into a small bowl first.
4. Bring the water to the boil, then reduce the heat so it is just simmering before adding the eggs.
5. Stir the water to create a whirlpool as you add the eggs, this will also help bring the white together to create a nice neat egg.
6. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked eggs onto a paper towel to drain. Nothing worse than adding a slosh of egg water to your Curried Lentils!
There you go kids. Expert egg poaching at your service.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
This is one of our NEW INSIDER recipes added to tenina.com (all previous recipes are still free). Join now for full access to all INSIDER content.