I have one child with gluten intolerances (recently diagnosed) and she loves a morning porridge…so as oats are out, this was a great solution. It fast became a family fave, high in protein, and if you want to speed it up, soak the quinoa overnight. You can then cook it for around 20 minutes total.
- 150 g quinoa
- 300 g water
- 1 tsp Vanilla - Bean Paste Heilala vanilla bean paste BUY
- Pinch Pink Salt Flakes Pink salt flakes BUY
- 120 g milk of choice (nut, soy, rice, dairy)
- Real maple syrup or honey to taste
- Toasted almonds and fresh berries to serve
Place quinoa, water, vanilla and salt into Thermo bowl and cook 15 min/90ºC/Reverse/speed 1.
Add milk and cook a further 10 min/100ºC/Reverse + speed 1.
(It may bubble up, so stay close.)
Allow to rest in Thermo bowl for around 10 minutes until liquid has been absorbed.
Drizzle with real maple syrup or honey, serve with toasted almonds and a
dollop of yoghurt or creme fraiche. Add fresh fruit of choice.