Sweet Potato Hummus with Confit Garlic
Don't be afraid to try this with pumpkin or carrots; this is seriously good eating. Looking to impress? Use the confit garlic. No time to impress? Just replace the confit garlic with 1 clove fresh...and actually, you will still impress. This is great party food.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200 Grams sweet potato, in chunks
- Water to cover sweet potato
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seed(s)
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds plus some more
- Zest 1 lemon, finely grated
- Juice 1 lemon (80g min.)
- 4 Confit Garlic Recipe
- 30 Grams Garlic Oil plus some more as needed
- 250 Grams Chick Peas cooked or 400g tinned, drained
- 3 ice cubes
Place sweet potato into simmering basket and insert into Thermomix bowl. Fill with just enough water to be seen amongst the potato.
Cook 16 min/100ºC/speed 3. Remove potato and set aside. Drain bowl.
Place salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and sesame seeds into a dry frypan and roast until just fragrant. Cool slightly before placing into dry Thermomix bowl. Mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add sweet potato and remaining ingredients except ice cubes and blend 30 secs/speed 5-6.
Scrape down sides of bowl and lid, add ice cubes and repeat.
Serve drizzled with additional Garlic Oil and sesame seeds, with crispbread or crackers of choice.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!