Sweet Potato Hummus with Confit Garlic
Don't be afraid to try this with pumpkin or carrots; this is seriously good eating. Looking to impress? Use the confit garlic. No time to impress? Just replace the confit garlic with 1 clove fresh...and actually, you will still impress. This is great party food then think about what you can serve it with...we went with crackers, but equally amazing with some fresh flatbread of choice!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 200 Grams sweet potato, in chunks
- Enough water to cover sweet potato
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin Seed(s)
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander Seed(s)
- 3 Tablespoons sesame seeds plus some more
- Zest 1 lemon, finely grated
- 80 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- 4 Confit Garlic or 1 clove regular Recipe
- 30 Grams Garlic Oil plus some more as needed
- 250 Grams Chick Peas cooked or 400g tin, drained
- 3 ice cubes
Place sweet potato into simmering basket and insert into Thermomix bowl. Fill with just enough water to be seen amongst the potato.
Cook 16 min/100ºC/speed 3. Remove potato and set aside. Drain bowl.
Place salt, pepper, cumin, coriander and sesame seeds into a dry frypan and roast until just fragrant. Cool slightly before placing into dry Thermomix bowl. Mill 10 sec/speed 10.
Add sweet potato and remaining ingredients except ice cubes and blend 30 secs/speed 5-6.
Scrape down sides of bowl and lid, add ice cubes and repeat.
Serve drizzled with additional Garlic Oil and sesame seeds, with crispbread or crackers of choice.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!