No Christmas is complete without a killer Gingerbread recipe and this is that recipe. They are so flipping cute, and the fragrance has filled the kitchen all day and now you can smell them still even though they are baked and under a dome. YUM. I love this recipe. It has depth of flavour. If you are going to have a gingerbread, then yes please, let's taste the ginger! Thank goodness for doTERRA oils. They will give you a kick in the mouth that dry spices cannot deliver. If you wish to leave them out, do so, but at your own peril!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 580 Grams Plain Flour
- 2 Teaspoons Bicarb soda
- 110 Grams water
- 100 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 80 Grams dark brown sugar
- 270 Grams Honey BUY
- 40 Grams Butter BUY
- 1 Teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 Tablespoons Ground Ginger
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Teaspoons Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 8 Drops doTERRA Wild Orange Oil BUY
- 1 Drop doTERRA cardamom oil
- 1 Drop doTERRA black pepper oil BUY
- 3 Drops doTERRA Oils ginger BUY
- 1 Drop doTERRA Oils clove BUY
- 2 Drops Cinnamon Bark Oil BUY
- 50 Grams Boiling water
- 1 Teaspoon Great Lakes Gelatin BUY
- 50 Grams Raw Caster Sugar BUY
- 2 Drops doTERRA Wild Orange Oil BUY
- 1 Batch Royal Icing Recipe
Place all the Gingerbread ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and mix 12 sec/speed 5 Scrape bowl and repeat.
Tip out dough onto a floured silpat mat and hand knead into a disc. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line baking trays with baking paper.
Working with half the dough at a time, place dough onto a floured bench and roll out to your desired thickness.
Cut out shapes with cookie cutters and place onto prepared trays.
Bake for 8 minutes, turn trays around and bake for another 2 minutes. Until done to your liking.
Once cool, make up the glaze by pouring the boiling water into a bowl, sprinkle gelatin on top and stir till dissolved. Add sugar and orange oil and stir till dissolved.
Brush glaze over cookies with a pastry brush. Work quickly as the glaze will set as it cools.
Decorate with royal icing.
If you are not a doTERRA oils fan yet, this may get you there. But if not, just use the spices as suggested and some orange zest to replace the orange oil.