I do love gravy. Like Manu, I always want to know where the 'soss' is. In speaking to both vegetarians and vegans alike, they miss gravy once they cut out meat. SO here you are my lovelies. This gravy can be served to carnivores and they will be none the wiser. You on the other hand will only need to make one batch of gravy for the whole lot of them! YAY. It freezes really well, if you are a small household, freeze it in ice cubes and thaw and heat according to demand!
Pass the gravy!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 2 large carrots, cut in large chunks
- 4 Celery sticks, quartered
- 4 Garlic Cloves peeled
- 2 Brown Onion peeled and quartered
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 500 Grams Brew Choc brewed and strained BUY
- 10 Grams ThermoMite Recipe
- 60 Grams Umami Paste vegetarian version Recipe
- 70 Grams Red wine
- 1 Teaspoon Dark brown sugar
- 30 Grams Cornflour or Cornstarch
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1 Pinch Black Pepper
Preheat oven to 200 °C and line a tray with baking paper.
Place carrot, celery, garlic and onion onto prepared tray, toss with EVOO and bake for 40 minutes.
Place roasted vegetables and all remaining ingredients into the Thermomix bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 8. Then cook 8 min/80/speed 5.
Blend 2 min/speed 10 or until smooth and silky. If too thick, add water to reach desired consistency.
Serve over roasted vegetables. Freeze in serving size portions. It will last 2 weeks in the fridge and 3 months in the freezer.
This is one of our amazing Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!