Asian Corn Fritters
Don't you just love a little fritter? They can be the perfect snack food, a great appetiser and they are so easy to make. Totally satisfying.
We have been on a bit of a 'wish we were able to travel' kick at the moment and this is one of those recipes! You can thank me after you make them. The sambal and little salad ended up elsewhere I think, so they are amazing too for the purpose of just amping up the savour of the flavour!
I am in fact craving them as I write, which is a job hazard really. Sigh....better go and make some more I guess.
Tried any of our other fritters? Could be time!
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
The Corn Fritters
- 4 ears of fresh corn, (400gm of kernels)
- 6 cloves garlic
- 20 Grams fresh ginger
- 2 red chilli roughly chopped
- 6 kaffir lime leaves leaves, sliced thinly
- 1 Teaspoon white pepper
- 1 Teaspoon ground coriander
- 2 Pinches pink salt flakes BUY
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons cornflour or cornstarch
- 70 Grams bakers or strong flour
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) for frying BUY
- 20 Grams cloves garlic
- 40 Grams shallot
- 80 Grams red chilli roughly chopped
- 80 Grams fresh tomato, diced
- 50 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 10 Grams raw caster sugar BUY
- 10 Grams shrimp paste
- 1 Pinch pink salt flakes BUY
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 capsicum/bell pepper red, julienned
- 3 kaffir lime leaves leaves, julienned
- 2 spring onions cut lengthwise into thin shreds
- pink salt flakes and black pepper to season BUY
To make the corn fritters, place half of the corn kernels into the Thermomix bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 8. Scrape down sides of bowl and repeat. Set aside.
Place garlic, ginger, chilli and kaffir lime leaves into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 10 sec/speed 7. Add remaining ingredients, except the corn. Combine 6 sec/speed 4. Add corn, (whole and blended) and combine 10 sec/Reverse/speed 4.
Heat a large pan over medium heat. Add a splash of EVOO and spoon batter into pan. Cook till browning, flip and cook until fragrant and golden.
To make the Sambal Bajak, place garlic, shallots, chilli, tomato and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl. Chop 6 sec/speed 6. Cook 30 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add sugar, shrimp paste and salt. Combine 10 sec/speed 4. Taste and season as needed. This will keep very well in the fridge for up to 4 weeks.
To assemble the salad, place all ingredients into a small bowl and toss gently. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
Serve the fritters with plenty of the sambal, a little of the salad and a lime or lemon wedge. They are good!
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!