Creamy Chicken Soup with Fresh Dill and Rice
There is nothing more comforting than a delicious bowl of hot soup that is fragrant and inviting with a colourful presentation. Voila...Chicken Soup with the freshness of dill. This soup is a real meal. Hearty even! And if you just happen to have some sourdough laying around...all the better. Get it all crispy with loads of oil on a grill plate for dinner perfection.
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Brown Onion peeled and halved
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 carrot, chopped into pieces
- 2-3 stalks celery, chopped into pieces
- 20 Grams Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) BUY
- 1 Litre water
- 50 Grams Chicken Stock Powder (If you are using commercial brand, please read ratio instructions) Recipe
- 500 Grams chicken thigh fillet, diced
- 150 Grams basmati or long grain rice
- 2-3 Bay Leaf fresh or dried
- 100 Grams Creme Fraiche (homemade) or commercial sour cream, plus some more for garnish Recipe
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pink Salt Flakes to taste BUY
- Black Pepper to taste
- Handfuls fresh dill
Place onion, garlic, carrot, celery and EVOO into the Thermomix bowl and chop 5 sec/speed 5. Scrape down and saute 10 min/Varoma/speed 1/MC off.
Add 1/2 the water and blend by bringing speed up slowly, 30 sec/speed 9.
Add remaining water, Chicken Stock Powder, chicken, rice and bay leaves. Cook 14 min/100°C/Reverse/speed 1.
Remove bay leaves.
Place sour cream, egg yolks and lemon juice into a small bowl and beat with a fork. Pour into the Thermomix bowl and blend 10 sec/Reverse/speed 3.
Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve in large bowls with more sour cream on top, and plenty of fresh dill.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!