Madras Beef Curry
This is my interpretation of a Madras Curry, and can be slow cooked for hours in the oven if you prefer. Use a casserole beef if slow cooking. But this version has great flavour and can be quickly on the family dinner table after a hard day's night...don't you think?
This recipe also appears in the Nifty But Thrifty cookbook.
We invite you to come join our FREE TRIAL on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
Are you on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest? Never miss another thing in the test kitchen when you follow us.
Please join our mailing list HERE to have recipe updates delivered to your inbox weekly and don't forget we are on YouTube.
Our newest (FREE to Insiders) course Shelf Control sort out your pantry and fridge and is ready for your shelfies now! We have an amazing Lazy Sourdough Bakery course available to do at your own pace online. Our delicious course, The Whole Scoop Ice Cream course is churning now!
- 4-5 cloves garlic
- 2 red onions, halved
- 50 Grams fresh ginger, peeled
- 1-3 red chilli chopped (to taste)
- 50 Grams Cobram Estate Extra Virgin Olive Oil BUY
- 50 Grams almonds BUY
- 2 Teaspoons pink salt flakes BUY
- 50 Grams tamarind puree
- 2 Tablespoons Landsdale Curry Powder or other mild powder of choice Recipe
- 100 Grams tomato paste
- 2 Teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2x 400 Grams diced tomatoes
- 150 Grams liquid beef stock
- 1 Kilo rump steak, cubed
- Serve with chopped fresh coriander and mint, yoghurt, sliced chillies, Saffron Turmeric Rice, deep fried curry leaves if desired and Peshwari Naan
Place garlic, onions, ginger, chillies, EVOO, almonds, salt and tamarind into Thermomix bowl and chop 10 sec/speed 9. Scrape down sides of bowl and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1.
Add remaining ingredients and cook 20 min/90ºC/Reverse/speed 1.5.
Serve with accompaniments of choice like Coconut Lentil Dahl, Saffron Turmeric Rice and Naan.
This is just one of our Insider recipes. Join us today and start cooking!
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load