I don’t want you being put off by the long list of ingredients on this one…just suck it up, print off the list (note Printer friendly version button now on each post…thank you Luke!) and go for it…you won’t regret it, really. It makes a LOT, so feel free to cut meat, tomtoes, and garnishes as needed…but please don’t alter cooking times.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 1/2 orange, juice
- 700 - 800 Gram lamb fillet, cubed
- A few sprigs of coriander
- 1 Bunch mint leaves
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 small red chilli
- 110 Gram red capsicum
- 20 Gram olive oil
- 15 Gram ground smoked paprika
- 1 Teaspoon ground tumeric
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch saffron threads
- 450 Gram roma tomatoes, quartered
- 3 - 4 Anchovies rinsed
- 6 fresh pitted dates
- 6 dried apricots , soaked in boiling water for 1 hour
- 400 Gram tinned chickpeas (around 230 g after draining)
- 100 Gram black or kalamata olives
- Crumbled fresh feta to garnish
- Sliced red chilli to garnish
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Marinate lamb in orange juice in non reactive bowl for several hours.
Place coriander and mint into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Remove from bowl and set aside.
Place onion, garlic, chilli, and capsicum into Thermomix bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5.
Add oil and sauté 5 min/Varoma/speed 1 with MC off.
Add spices, tomatoes, anchovies, dates and apricots and cook 10 min/100ºC/speed 2.
Blend 5 sec/speed 6.
Add lamb (with juice) and cook 10 min/100ºC/Reverse + speed 1.
Add chickpeas and cook 3 min/100ºC/Reverse + speed 1.
Add chopped herbs and olives and stir through 3 sec/Reverse + speed 1.
Adjust seasoning to taste.
Garnish with crumbled feta, sliced red chilli and additional fresh herb leaves.
Serve with steamed couscous or rice.
That's all the recipes!
No more recipes to load