I can attribute this next idea to a Sydney Thermomix consultant who separates her ‘stock options’(don’t you love it?) into Red, Green and Other…This is quite spicy but for a mild version, reduce or completely leave out the chillies.
Thanks for reading and please subscribe to have each update delivered to your inbox weekly.
Or better yet, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month!
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 3 dried or fresh Red Chillie(s)
- 2 - 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 2 onions, peeled and halved
- 50 Grams oil
- 1 lemongrass stalk
- 1 Handful coriander leaves
- 1 Handful italian parsley leaves
- 600 Grams tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 180 Grams Himalayan salt
- A few Dulse leaves (sea vegetable, available at Health Food Stores)
Place garlic, chillies, lime leaves, onion and oil into Thermomix bowl and chop for 4 seconds on speed 6.
Saute for 5 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 2.
Add remaining ingredinets and cook for 30 minutes at 100°C on speed 3.
Remove lemon grass stalk before pureeing by bringing speed up slowly to speed 9 until well blended. This is quite liquid as opposed to being a paste.
Store in sterilised jars in fridge until use. This should keep up to 6 months without any problem.