There is nothing quite as satisfying as creating your own cheese! Labneh is a middle eastern yoghurt cheese and probably a great place to start if you plan on making more cheese. It is super simple to make and very delicious when you add in all our flavours and other serving suggestions.
Note; We do love using the left over whey in all bread making, or to ferment certain recipes that we have on this site. So please don't throw it a-whey. It is too good!
Best of all, come join us on the Insider Club to have extra Thermomixery each and every month! #recipesthatwork #youcandoit
- 1 Batch Pot set yoghurt or 1kg Greek plain yoghurt Recipe
- muslin cloth or good linen tea towel
- 2 Garlic Cloves peeled
- 1 Pinch Pink Salt Flakes BUY
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dried Red Chilli Flakes
- a few multi coloured peppercorns
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) as needed BUY
- fresh herbs of choice by the handful
- 1 Punnet Heirloom cherry tomatoes sliced
- 30 Grams Fresh Lemon Juice
- a few toasted seeds to serve (pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, black sesame
Create the labneh a day before you need to serve this dip.
Place the yoghurt into the cloth and tie up in the shape of a large mozzarella ball. Hang this over a container to catch the whey if you wish to keep it. (see note)
When the labneh is quite thick, (at least 24 hours), unmould from the cloth and place into a large bowl. Set aside.
Place garlic, salt, chilli flakes and peppercorns into the Thermomix bowl and blend 3 sec/speed 5.
Stir the spice mix through labneh by hand, give it a taste and add EVOO if needed to loosen it up. This will depend on how long you let the labneh hang for.
Swirl into a flat plate or serving bowl and drizzle with EVOO, add the hebs, tomatoes, a drizzle of lemon juice and the seeds before serving with lavosh or crispbreads of choice.